Krishna Pendakur is interested in three major areas of empirical research:
(1) the measurement of well-being, poverty, discrimination and economic inequality;
(2) the estimation of consumer demand;
(3) semi-parametric and non-parametric econometrics.
He has made contributions in several areas including:
(1) tracing out patterns in earnings disparity across ethnic groups in Canada;
(2) theorizing and measuring the cost of children; and
(3) using consumption rather than income as a measure of family and individual material well-being.
Krishna Pendakur joined CReAM as an external fellow in April 2006.